- M.Sc.(hons), Ph.D., T.S.T.A. (psychotherapy), M.N.Z.A.P., M.N.Z.A.C., registered psychotherapist
Gordon is a Clinical Teaching and Supervising Member of the International Transactional Association and a Member and Supervisor with the N.Z. Association of Psychotherapists.
Gordon has run workshops on aspects of counselling, psychotherapy and supervision throughout New Zealand, as well as in Australia, Belgium, Canada, England, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, the United States, and the former Yugoslavia. He runs courses for supervisors and psychotherapists for several Universities and polytechnics and runs a private psychotherapy practice and a private training course in Transactional Analysis.
Gordon has a Ph.D. in biology and taught genetics at Victoria University. As well as a background in Science and Psychotherapy, Gordon has extensive management experience, having been Academic Dean of Science at Victoria University and Head of the School of Health Professions at the Central Institute of Technology, run courses for a number of organisations and acted as a consultant in conflict resolution cases.
Gordon has recently spent three years as President of the International Transactional Analysis Association, and has been a Council member and Chair of the Admission Committee of the N.Z. Association of Psychotherapists. He served on the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand, which registers psychotherapists, for five and a half years and was recently Chair.
He has two grown up children and lives in Eastbourne, near Wellington with his wife. They share their house with a a cat, goldfish and axolotls. Gordon enjoys tramping, fishing and biking.
- Ordinarily fees are paid at the end of each session.
- To limit cash handling EFTPOS is the preferred method of payment (although cash or cheque are accepted).
- Full Fee - when paid at time of session: $125.00 per hour (Incl. GST)
- Third Party Funded (Invoiced Directly) $140.00 (Incl. GST)
- EAP funded - no charge to client
- P.O. Box 12 556, Wellington
- Phone/fax (04) 562 7101
- or to visit my personal web site - http://www.hewitt.gen.nz