Geraldine has been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 1985. She has worked as a manager of a residential treatment centre, worked in prisons and was a founding Partner of CPA. In her private practice she sees a wide variety of people facing concerns arising from work, family and relationship difficulties.
She is particularly experienced in individual counselling and psychotherapy for adults facing problems with:
- Personal relating
- Anxiety and stress management
- Complex characterological and personality related problems
- Sexuality – which includes: orientation/identity issues
- Working with the elderly
Geraldine provides training and supervision to trainee counsellors and psychotherapists through the Wellington Transactional Training Institute. She also provides mentoring and supervision to people from a wide variety of professions.
- M.Sc. in Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Certified Transactional Analyst
- Teaching and Supervision Transactional Analyst
- Supervisor, New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists
- Clinical Supervisor's Certificate
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists (NZAP)
- International Transactional Analysis Association
Fees - for 50 minute sessions:
- Ordinarily fees are paid at the end of each session.
- To limit cash handling EFTPOS is the preferred method of payment (although cash or cheques are accepted).
- Full Fee - when paid at time of session: $125.00 per hour (Incl. GST)
- Third Party Funded (invoiced directly) $135.00 (Incl. GST)
- EAP funded - no charge to client
- Geraldine's cancellation policy is a full working days notice of cancellation. This will give her the opportunity to use that session time.
- If the full working days notice of cancellation is not given and she is able to re-book the session, no charge will be made,
- If the full working days notice of cancellation is not given and she is unable to re-book the session then the full session fee will be charged.
Geraldine Lakeland, (G A Lakeland Ltd), Psychotherapist
- Cellphone 021 893 258 (text only please and I will ring you back, thank you)
- Workplace address: Level 3, 1 Thorndon Quay, Wellington
- Postal address: 49 Mark Ave, Wellington, 6037.
To understand the complaints procedure for NZAP, go to http://nzap.org/complaints-procedure